During the next two weeks this assignment runs, we will be adding a minimum of eight pages of narrative – three of which must directly deal with this assignment. This assignment is going to require us to add news lines of plot to our current outlines and incorporate ideas we’ve not ourselves created.
The primary narrative characters from each story must encounter and interact again with the character we borrowed from each other in Assignment 5. In the case of Dom, this means once again making use of Calhoun, in Jay’s case this means once again making use of Ry.
It is NOT a requirement that the borrowed characters must interact with the same character as before. They can interact with another character, providing that character has a character bio (as per Assignment 3).
- The encounter must include dialogue.
- Be integrated as a “natural” part of the plot of the story.
- Must make full use of the character bios as constructed by each of us.
- Can make use of character knowledge from each other’s stories as they are now, but only from the text of those stories, not anything discussed or unknown to an outside reader.
- Must occupy at least three of the minimum pages required, but can be longer.
- The included character must be treated as secondary/minor characters for the purpose of your story, BUT their inclusion must serve a purpose to your story.
- You may add to your plot outline, but not change or remove anything from it because of this.
- The included character must not affect the overall plot arc of your story (.ie. Magic Carpet is still about Sam and Cal and Here Comes The Rain is still about Matt and Ryan).
- Flirting/Sex is allowed – if it remains in context of the current plot outlines.
- Past association is also allowed, within context of the described character outline and prior use within the stories.
- You must be prepared to include them again at a later stage.
Have fun with this, and don’t get too hung up if it becomes an impossible task. Details of this can be discussed and changed.
2 weeks allowed.
By the end of this assignment, Here Comes the Rain Again should have 54 pages of story and Magic Carpet should have 62 pages of story (not including pages created for Assignment 6).